PythonCyc for Pathway Tools
PythonCyc: A Python Interface for Pathway Tools
It is possible to use the Python programming language to query
and modify an organism database (i.e., a PGDB) of Pathway Tools via the
PythonCyc package. Currently only Python 2.7 is supported. Please let us
know if you are interested in using PythonCyc with Python 3.
- PythonCyc is hosted on GitHub. To use PythonCyc, you will have to download it from GitHub and install it on your local computer.
- The PythonCyc tutorial describes how to install PythonCyc and the main functionalities available.
- PythonCyc has more than 150 functions to interact with Pathway Tools.
In particular, you can extract and manipulate all data from PGDBs and modify your own PGDBs by using the well-known Python programming language.
- You can run metabolic models via MetaFlux using PythonCyc.
- The complete PythonCyc API
documentation is available online.